Bookings are now open for the 2023/24 school year
If you wish to check availability before you complete the form, either email us or call on 01223 331875.
Complete the online booking form. Please note that we cannot guarantee your preferred dates will be available. Once you have filled in the form we will be in touch to confirm a date with you.
Before you book please read our guidance notes, downloadable below, about visiting the Garden with a school group. You can also browse our workshops by Key Stage
Gatsby Schools Visit Grant
Thanks to a generous grant to the Botanic Garden from The Gatsby Charitable Foundation, we are offering a new travel grant scheme for state schools to support visiting the Botanic Garden. We will also waive our usual fee for taught workshops for those schools with an at or higher-than-average pupil premium percentage. The grant will operate in 2024, 2025 and 2026.
Who qualifies for the travel grant?
- State schools from Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, and Hertfordshire.
- Classes travelling to the Garden for a taught workshop with one of our Schools Learning Officers.
- Year groups from EYFS to Year 13.
- Travelling to the Garden by coach or public transport.
- Bookings must be made at least four weeks in advance.
Who qualifies for the free taught visit offer?
Your school will qualify for a FREE taught visit with one of our Schools Learning Officers if:
- The travel grant criteria listed above are met
- The school has an at-or-above average percentage of pupils receiving pupil premium (currently 28.4% according to Government figures)
- The group is EYFS to Year 11
Further Education, Horticultural Colleges or Higher Education Visits
You can download the relevant booking form below.
Please note language schools and education providers not following the UK curriculum will need to book a Holiday School Visit rather than an educational visit.
We offer a free pre-visit for teachers. You can either arrange a time to meet a Schools Learning Officer, or arrange a free entry into the Garden to plan your visit. Please contact us to arrange this.